Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweetness x 2

We had one with McKenna and swore we'd never do it again....I'm talking about a 3-D sonogram.  Neither my OB or the Perinatologist use 3-D technology like some doctors.  They both say they get much better images, measurements and test results with the black and white 2-D.  And since of course I know I'm there solely for the health of the babies and not my entertainment, I will happily pay for that little "extra" glimpse. 

When we did McKenna's, I was actually a little too far along and we didn't get great pictures of her.  But just like labor pains, you tend to forget things from one pregnancy to the next and I convinced Brandon that we should pony up the $150 and do another one with the twins.  My argument?  McKenna would love to get a sneak peak at her brothers' faces!  And actually when I say "convinced Brandon", I mean that I went home on Friday and told him that we had a 3-D sonogram booked for the next day.  Oops. 

I was nearly 26 weeks along when we went in, which is the optimal time for twins (before they run out of room).  Mom was in town and our neighbor went with us also.  The one that I thought would be most interested in it was the LEAST interested - big sister.  I think it was a little overwhelming for her, going into a dark room and seeing me up on a table with a lady poking and prodding at my belly.  Understandable for someone her age.  So she opted to sit on the couch and play games on Daddy's phone instead! 

Once the sonogram started, the technian immediately noticed what I notice on a daily basis....one of the boys is insanely active!  I'm not talking a few kicks every hour - that stinker is punching, rolling and kicking throughout the entire day.  He will stop in the early evening, then start right back up just as I'm trying to go to sleep!  It's pretty crazy.  In fact, from our first sonogram, every doctor has commented on just how much he moves around.  The other one is Mr. Laid Back.  However, during the sonogram, we saw exactly WHY he was so laid back...the poor thing literally had his back turned to the other one and his hands over his face!  He's just wanting a nap and his brother won't stop kicking him!  In fact, I don't even know if the pictures below are of both babies, or just the one that was being still!  The tech had a really tough time getting him to slow down enough for us to even get a quick glimpse of him!  It will be really interesting to see if they have those same personalities once they are born and as they grow older. 

After it was said and done, we got a few really good pictures.  In a little less than 3 months, I'll get to see these sweet faces in person!

Introducing (sort of):  Cooper & Garrett!!









1 comment:

  1. I love this! It's gonna be so fun to see their little personalities when they get here :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!