Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No news is good news

The saying is true:  "No news is good news."  So this post is really about nothing.  How wonderfully boring our lives have become lately (and we are loving every minute of it)!  We are done with the house, over the IVF roller coaster and now - praise God - we are just coasting along waiting patiently to meet our two new additions in a few weeks! 

On the baby (or babies) front, they are doing great.  Healthy and growing!  I am really feeling them punch and kick now and I'd forgotten what an amazing feeling that is!  What's not amazing??  My fatness.  Oh. My. Word....I am HUGE!  But of course I'd gain 100 pounds if it meant delivering two fat, healthy babies!  Luckily, my doctor says my weight is right on track and everything looks good (but she only sees me with my clothes on!).  I am still going to my regular OB as well as a Perinatologist once a month each, and soon to be twice a month each.  As of April 21st, one baby was at 1 lb 4 ozs, the other at 1 lb 6 ozs.  McKenna happened to put her hand on my stomach at just the right time the other day and felt one of the babies kick....her jaw dropped open and the look on her face was priceless.  I can't wait until she can really feel them moving around in there! 

The most exciting news on the house front is that we're getting a new refrigerator this weekend.  See, I told you our lives had become boring!  Oh, and let's not forget that we still need to paint the front and back doors to top off the remodel.  However, we're so excited to be able to relax on the weekends rather than spend the entire time working that we've been completely lazy lately.  We know the doors are begging us for paint, but we keep blowing them off.  Things like trips to the zoo and movie nights are WAY more fun! 

I know in a few short weeks (12 to be exact), we'll hit a fast and furious pace again...but in a much cooler way!  We'll trade our paint buckets and grout for receiving blankets and bottles.  But for now, I'm trying to slow down and enjoy the boring ride!!

Told ya I was HUGE!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!