Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I can breath a little!

Pregnancy is such a weird thing.  The minute you see those 2 pink lines, your whole perspective changes.  For me, this time around has been not only LONG awaited, but also a little scary.  Having twins at my age automatically puts me in the "high risk" category which brings on a whole onslaught of tests, cautions and doctor visits. 

Since I went through IVF, I've literally been involved in this pregnancy long before I was even pregnant - so it seems like it's taken months to get where I am today:  the 2nd trimester!!  Talk about a sense of relief to finally get past those first 12 weeks.  After having a couple of hiccups right at first, I was more than relieved to get that call from the perinatal specialist saying that the genetic marker test came back normal and everything looked great with the babies!  Of course, with any pregnancy comes a certain degree of risk and hopefully lots of prayers will see two perfecly healthy babies join our family. 

Now comes the fun stuff!  Registering for "gear", picking out names and the most fun of all...finding out the sex (just a few more weeks!) and decorating the nursery.  I just can't get over the fact that I'm 13 weeks pregnant - something I haven't seen in 6 years! 

To mark the occasion, Brandon bought me a new charm for my James Avery bracelet:  two peas in a pod.  Every time I see it dangling on my wrist, I will smile at where our family is in our journey and what God has allow us to overcome to get here.  Today we are very thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!