Monday, July 9, 2012

The boys turn ONE!

Oh my word, where does the time go?!  It seemed like yesterday I was counting the days until they were both home from the NICU and now they are 1!

Since the day we found out we were having twins I vowed not to do the "matchy match twin" thing.  I didn't give them names that rhymed, started with the same letter or even sounded alike (they are unique after all) and I don't match their clothes.  Just not my thing.  They have totally different dispositions and personalities and I love that they do!

So when I came up with the Thing 1 & Thing 2 theme for their 1st birthday my husband was a little surprised I was going for the "matchy" thing.  But I love Dr. Seuss and thought this was a perfect theme for a twin birthday.  Thanks to my introduction to Pinterest, I got to work on all of the details!

If you don't already know this about me, I seriously LOVE planning parties. I. Love. It.  Some people think it's silly that I go into such detail for a kid's party but I absolutely don't do it for show or to be "that mom" trying to one-up other moms.  I do it because I love it.  And I want to do it for my kids.  Even though they will never remember it, they can look back at pictures.  And because I enjoy making everything (or most everything) myself, I spend very little on their parties.  

I was so happy that all of our family got to come and celebrate the boys on their special day.  

As the guests arrived, the signed The Birthday Book by Dr Seuss
What's a Dr. Seuss themed party without green eggs and ham??
Thing cupcakes (the hair eventually wilted in the Texas humidity, boo!)
The calm before the storm







CAKE TIME!!  Note to self:  red icing makes the kitchen look like a murder scene.  Don't do that again.



Coop!  He already makes funny faces and is so sweet.  He came such a long way this year.  Happy Birthday Michael Cooper!!

G-Man.  He loves to cuddle and so far is a Momma's boy.  Happy Birthday William Garrett!!

The "1" picture collage.  It was crazy to see how much they've grown in 12 short months!

Leave it to me to think "How hard can a fondant cake be to make myself?"  The result:  stupid looking homemade cakes.  Mommy fail.



What 1-year old doesn't need a motorized F-150?  Their gift from the "guncles", our neighbors-turned-adopted-family Stan & Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!