Talk about a change of plans!
If you know me, you know that I don't like surprises. I had a pretty normal weekend planned, which mainly consisted of getting my filthy house back in tact after slacking off on laundry and cleaning during the week. We were going to try to finish the nursery, cook out with the neighbors and just stay in.
But Saturday morning those planned abruptly changed.
I thought something might be wrong Friday night on my way home from work. I felt some unusual "trickling" while we were eating dinner, but it soon stopped so I dismissed it. The next morning I got up and took a shower immediately because I sort of felt like something might be wrong....I had felt some more fluid coming from me every so often and felt like it was probably amniotic fluid. Of course we wanted to be safe rather than sorry, so as soon as we were showered and dressed, we packed a bag for M, sent her to the neighbors' house and headed to the hospital.
As soon as we got checked in, they checked me and confirmed that my water had broken. About an hour later, I was admitted and told that I would be in the hospital until the babies were born. At only 28 weeks, that could mean a LONG stay. The babies were checked out and thankfully both are still doing great - it was Baby A's sac that ruptured, but he still has fluid around him and in his lungs and tummy which is a great sign. On the drive into Dallas, I told God that I was handing the situation over to Him to handle and He was kept both me and the babies free of infection and harm. I am in some of the most capable hands in Dallas and have access to some of the best OBs, perinatologists and neonatologists around. I have a complete peace of mind that everything will be OK.
Now the main goal is to hold off labor as long as possible, at least for 4 more weeks. I have been having very sporadic contractions but none consistent enough to be of any concern. For now I'm on strict bed rest but may be able to get up by tomorrow long enough to take a quick shower (hallelujah!!).
My main concern is for Brandon and M. She really doesn't grasp how long I will be away from home and how hard all of this will be on Daddy. My advice to B? Call a MAID, forget about housework and concentrate on M and his job. Of course he has just applied for a new position at his company and there will be a lot of prep work on his part to get ready for the interview process. Thankfully, we have amazing friends, family and neighbors who have let us know that they are available to us for whatever we need, and I know what a huge blessing that is!
Now ............lunch. Mmmm, wonder what's under the mystery tray today?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!