Saturday, January 2, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Just like every other year, our Christmas was filled with food, family and FUN! Brandon's aunt that we see only about once a year came in from Georgia and McKenna really enjoyed getting to see her again.  She used to be a librarian, so of course she always stocks McKenna's bookshelf with a ton of new books.  Since we can never seem to read enough books to her, this is a match made in heaven!  I think this year was a record with nearly 20 new books!  

After spending time with Brandon's family, we packed up and headed to East Texas for my family's Christmas "extravaganza".  There were over 25 of us packed into my Mom and Dad's house on Christmas Eve.  Of course a holiday with my family wouldn't be complete without a HUGE meal (Thanksgiving style with hams, turkeys, dressing, and all the sides).  

After dinner......let the games begin!!  The kids (8 this year) were chomping at the bit to open their gifts.  My dad barely made it through the Christmas story before they were all gathered around the tree!  This Christmas marked a special occasion - my nephew Jude's 1st Christmas!  He didn't quite know what to think, but McKenna was glad to help him open his gifts.  

Luckily, during the holidays we get to spend some extra time with my brother and sister-in-law (and nephew of course)!  Since they live in Lubbock we don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like to.  McKenna got some extra time with Jude too, which she absolutely loved.  In fact, I don't think she has stopped talking about having her own baby brother since we got back home!  

**Sidenote:  I have LOST the card for the camera I used at Christmas, so I don't have ANY pictures!  Hopefully I have just misplaced it and it will turn up soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!