Tuesday, September 22, 2009

H1NWhat?!

So it's official.....both McKenna and I have the H1N1 (swine) flu.  We both got to feeling bad over the weekend and both tested positive for Type A flu, which in 99% of cases is H1N1. 

I felt like one of Michael Jackson's kids sitting in the waiting room with a mask on my face!  McKenna flat out refused to wear hers and the nurse wasn't too happy.  Lady, if you want to force a 3-year old to do something she doesn't want to do when she's sick....be my guest.  I'll sit back and watch the show.

The doctor explained that they would swab the inside of our noses to do the test.  McKenna was of course scared so I said "Just let Mom do it first and you can watch me and see how easy it will be."  Let's just say when the nurse put about 7 inches of a 12 inch swab up my nose, my eyes were watering and I was really on the verge of either cursing and/or punching her.....I would have rather gone through another 13 hours of childbirth than have that done again!!  OUCH.

Then it was M's turn.  I felt so bad because I knew what was coming.  It took both my mom and I to told her down for the swab.  I was always OK with taking her for shots when she was a baby - but the older she gets, the harder it gets.  Hearing her yell "Ouch!  and Please stop it!" nearly did me in.  I've never felt so bad for her in my life. 

As if it's not bad enough that we have this, it's an even bigger challenge to try and take care of a sick 3-year old when Mom is feeling bad too.  Luckily, Brandon has stayed home from work with us for 2 days now...I know I wouldn't have been able to be here alone with McKenna and taken care of both of us.  Of course if for some reason he hadn't been able to stay with us, I know my Mom would have.  That's why my family rocks!

We'll both be out of school and work for the entire week and the doctor told us that if we left the house we had to wear the surgical masks.....so in other words, we're not going anywhere!! 

The good thing is, we are both feeling a lot better already and hopefully by Friday we will be as good as new again!

And here is what the Tamiflu did to McKenna.  She is and always has been such a calm and good kid, not really ever hyper.....until she took Tamiflu!  Y'ALL, this stuff made her cuh-razy!!!                                             


How did she even manage to get her shirt like that?!

  And off she goes....   



     After about 10 minutes, the show was over. 

After we were all better and no longer contagious, I had to laugh at the fact that we actually got the SWINE flu....so I made cookies for the occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!