Brandon and I are pretty pumped about 2011. I'm never one to wish time away, but 2010 kinda sucked, and I'm really kind of ready to show it the door.
First, we had our house deal go terribly wrong and subsequently will cost us in the ballpark of $17,000 to not only save it from foreclosure (thanks property "manager"), but also repair it and make it liveable again. Over the summer, we got news from our doctor that we had 0-1% chance of ever having a baby on our own. Then most recently, Brandon had a wreck which totaled our near-paid-off car.
As crappy as all those events were, we have really tried to see the positive in all of it.
1. Yes, The Great House Debacle was a royal nightmare that we still haven't fully recovered from. It drained any savings we had, plus sucked up all of our extra money each month making it nearly impossible to rebuild savings. BUT we caught the situation in time and was able to take it back from the property manager before it did reach foreclosure.
2. No one wants to hear that you won't be able to have a baby without IVF. I remember my heart dropping to my stomach when I heard my doctor tell me the bad news. However, God put me in a job that covers fertility treatments up to $20,000! Talk about divine intervention. Because of that, I was able to be treated by one of the top fertility specialists in the country and just finished my first IVF. And thankfully, the doctor discovered the problem which allowed us to immediately move on to other options.
3. Yeah, wrecks suck. Especially when you total a car. But Brandon walked away without a scratch, which is the most important thing. We were able to get exactly what we wanted for the car and it will actually be a good thing in the long run.
2011: A year that will not suck!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!