Today was McKenna's very first dance recital and she did so GREAT!!!
She was with Dance Machines Dance Studio in Coppell. Several of the teachers are former Cowboys Cheerleaders and many of the students go on to professional dancing - it's such a great studio, so I'm really sad that we won't be able to continue lessons there now that we've moved. But I'm thankful for the season we did have there. She really learned a lot and had the best teacher, Ms. Ashley!
When we walked into the auditorium to watch her friend Kylie dance, she was SO nervous when she saw the big stage. So we watched the next several dances from backstage on a monitor, and talked to other girls who told her exactly what to expect when the curtain opened.
Before she went on, I ran down and snagged a front row seat so she would be able to see a familiar face if she got nervous. I sat there with my fingers crossed and prayed that she would at least smile!
Once the curtain opened, she stood there - hands on hips - and smiling big! She was ready. When the music started, it was very obvious that she was completely comfortable on stage! She was the only girl that actually danced to the entire song and smiled through the whole thing. I was so proud of her!!
We weren't allowed to video so I can't wait to get the professional video in that I ordered. It was probably a good thing that we couldn't film it, because I got to sit back and just enjoy her performance (and let someone else do the work).
McKenna & Kylie, one of her friends who also takes lessons there.
Every great dancer gets flowers after her performance! She got three big bouquets.
Posing with Nana
Being a Dancing Queen is hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!