Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween/fall stuff

I absolutely LOVE the fall and we have been plenty busy during this season! October was non-stop for us but so much fun. We of course did all of the fun fall "stuff" - pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving, a hay ride, carnivals and lots of candy!

We went to our church's fall festival for the first time, and McKenna had a blast! She rode the ponies and of course played all of the games. Once she figured out that playing a game = candy, she was much more into it! I worked the cake walk that night but luckily got relieved in time to be able to enjoy some of the festivities with her.

On the 31st, McKenna had her class Halloween party at daycare. I took ghost-shaped donuts with the kids names on them - they were so cute! All of the kids wore their costumes for the first part of the day and did trick-or-treating around the other classrooms. Walking into a class of 22 dressed-up 2 year olds was a sight to see! When I picked her up she was still on a sugar high and it didn't end there...we ran home and changed costumes and got ready for the city's Halloween carnival.

After that carnival, we went trick-or-treating at some of our neighbors' houses while Brandon stayed behind to hand out candy. My parents as well as Brandon's mom was in town, so they all helped us out with the festivities! It was a good thing, because her sugar high didn't wear off until around 11:30 that night.....but it was so much fun!

Helping Michael bake cookies


   
I found Nemo!  Her costume for school.

The pear ghosts I made for her class

Ready for the church and city carnivals!  Yes she had 2 costumes, don't judge.

Pony ride!

Hanging out with our sweet neighbor at the church carnival


These 2 might dote on her just a bit :)

Finally home from the night's festivities...before the sugar kicked in.

 Aaaaand this is after it hit!
Even Mr. Pumpkin Head looks like he was affected from the sugar rush...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment....they give me something to read at work!